Sunday, July 6, 2014

OMD2 Day 6: Duochrome


Hey lovelies, today I did a mani that I adore! It was my first time doing a across the nail stamping + decals. Plus it gave me a chance to use one of my favorite brands, KB Shimmer. <3 I hope you enjoy it!


I started with three coats of Julep Sera, a purple, gray shimmer, as my base. For the decals I used Messy Mansion 29 and KB Shimmer Pigment of my Imagination for the body (the duochrome), ILNP Molly, for the fins, KB Shimmer Whole Lava Lovin' for the V on the head of the koi and KB Shimmer In Bare Form for the face. I used two coats of KB Shimmer Clearly on Top to smooth everything out.


The decals definitely didn't go on the nail without a hitch. There was crinkling, smearing, and bubbles, but overall I really loved the effect! Pigment of My Imagination really brings magic the the whole manicure. It makes it look like a real koi flashing in the light.



Did you catch that fabulous shift? Blue to purple in the koi? Ugh. I love it.

Have you joined in yet? Did I mention there is a prize for every day you complete? Check out #OMD2Nails on instagram to see everyone else's fabulous ideas!

♥ Pooka


1 comment:

Getting comments makes my day, so please don't hesitate to share on any post! I just ask that you please be respectful and don't leave any links.

If you want to me to take a look at your blog, email me at PolishedPooka@gmail.com!