Tuesday, July 1, 2014

KB Shimmer Chevrons: OMD2 Day 1 Mint

                                                                                                                                        Purchased by Me

Hello lovelies! Today I have a simple skittlet manicure using ALL KB Shimmer polishes, (besides my base coat!) I've recently found a new love for KB Shimmer. They have such lovely polishes, holos and cremes included! Though I've loved the brand for awhile, (It was my very first indie!) I've recently found a new appreciation for their polish because living in a remote location (Talkeetna, AK) all the mainstream polishes are either unavailable or won't ship to AK. So, I've returned to indies that will ship here, and KB Shimmer is the perfect option.

Also, I entered into a 31 day nail art challenge, in part because it will be a lot of fun but also because it will encourage me to post more! The challenge is called Oh Mon Dieu 2 Nails. At the bottom on this post, you can see all the other entries for today as well. Day 1's theme is Mint! Perfect for Summer! (And tomorrow is coral, so can I combine? ;) ) Feel free to check out all the detail of this challenge here, you can join in even if you're not a blogger! You can share on Instagram, Facebook, or any social media!




For this design, I used a base of Orly Bonder then layered on two thick coats of this lovely mint, KB Shimmer A Touch of Glass, on my thumb, pointer and middle fingers, and one glorious coat of KB Shimmer Let's Not Coral on my ring and pinky.


I dotted on KB Shimmer PT Young Thing from the early Summer collection. To create the chevrons I used some zigzag scissors and tape and painted two coats over my base colors.  


I used some scalloped scissors to create the thumb, also! 


And that's all she wrote! What do you think? Too simple? I feel like it's fun and Summery! I wish it were a little hotter here so I could go swimming, but to be honest I'm just happy when the sun is shining up here. :)

Check out everyone else's creations for Oh Mon Dieu 2 below, and all the rules here

♥ Pooka

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments makes my day, so please don't hesitate to share on any post! I just ask that you please be respectful and don't leave any links.

If you want to me to take a look at your blog, email me at PolishedPooka@gmail.com!