Saturday, November 16, 2013

Great Gatsby Nails

Ah, the beautiful design of the Great Gatsby. Have you seen the poster for it? No? Go check it out! It's lovely and it's what inspired these nails! Yes, I know, it's been done before and I am late to the game. Well, I don't care, I loved these nails so much, I wore them for SIX days until a stud popped off. So without further adieu...

I chose to take these photos in the shade because the sunlight created a glare that ruined the nice line work.


The studs were placed without tweezers! (Mainly because my nail tweezers hadn't arrived in the mail yet. Talk about tedious.) 


My fiancé said I had "dead hands" here, but I think it showcases the nails in a really "relaxed way." Any opinions?


Here's the classic "This is the nail polish I used" photo. My first coat was Maybelline "Bold Gold" then obviously striping tape and then topped with Sinful Colors "Black on Black." This hand was my favorite, I adored the pinky, ring and middle fingers. Funny enough, this is my right hand and I had to use my non-dominate hand to create it and it turned out better than my left!


Finally, a close up of my left hand, the ring finger got messed up a little, but the stellar pointer finger design stole all the attention away from it. ;)

The studs were attached with a dot of SV and then topped each nail with a thick coat of SV, the studs stayed on for awhile and one finally popped off some cleaning/dishes/showers later.

If you enjoyed these nails like this post and share with your polishing friends ^^

Bloglovin ♥ Tumblr  Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram

4 comments:

  1. These are the coolest! I love the striping tape, so shiny! I might have to get some normal gold ones, because mine is all holo and it might look weird hahah :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tami! I actually love this mani so much I kept it on for almost a week! Also, I just used the striping tape to create crisp lines, the gold is actually Maybellines Bold Gold, and I painted black over the gold and tape and then peeled the tape up afterwards! I hope that helps, you don't need to buy any more tape :)

      Delete
  2. Break rules, not nailsMarch 17, 2014 at 3:55 AM

    Oh WOW!! Stunning, must have taken aaaages!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha thanks! yes, it took some patience, but I loved it so much in the end, when the mani was overdue I didn't want to take it off! The inspiration one can have with a new nail toy. ( striping tape! )

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments makes my day, so please don't hesitate to share on any post! I just ask that you please be respectful and don't leave any links.

If you want to me to take a look at your blog, email me at PolishedPooka@gmail.com!