Friday, October 11, 2013

Sally Hansen "Gold Roses" Swatch and Review

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure "Gold Roses 817"

A metallic rose gold that is more pink than copper
Makeshift macro
This is one of  my favorite shades from the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Fall 2013 Collection. (Phew, that's a mouthful.) Gold Roses is from the Rent the Runway collection in which they released ten new polishes. This is a limited edition polish, so if you're a rose gold lover, you need to hurry up and get this!



Direct sunlight
Shade
Something about this color that I decided (after receiving no compliments on this color from anyone!) is that I almost feel it's a "pretty ugly" color, and people almost have to know the name of it to see how beautiful it is. Without knowing that it's a "Gold Rose" color, it can easily be mistaken for your grandmother's frosty 80's polish. (That being said, I really adore it, but I'm biased because j'aime rose gold anything. If you have stepped out of your house this year, you'll know that rose gold isn't just for old ladies, it's still trending after an overwhelming Summer of rose gold accessories.)

Direct Sunlight
Application was good. The first coat covered my nail sufficiently but I added a second coat to smooth out the brush strokes.
Drying Time was standard. Nothing terrible, but nothing to write home about either.
Texture was smoother than other metallic nail polishes that I have tried, it only took two coats to achieve the finish in the pictures above. 
Pigmentation was very good! I could have gotten away with one coat if it weren't for the brush "stroki-ness"
Number of Coats 2
Top Coat SV
Availability LD Sally Hansen CSM Fall 2013 Rent the Runway Collection 
Price $7.99

Verdict , I really recommend this color. It's one of those "pretty ugly colors" It reminds me of something older women would wear, but it doesn't stop me from wearing it, too! I like that it leans more pink than copper, I think that they found a nice balance between the two tones. 

Next I'll be posting my mani from the other color I bought from this collection "Loden Green"

Would you wear this color? Do you have any "pretty ugly" polishes?

Bloglovin ♥ Tumblr ♥ Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments makes my day, so please don't hesitate to share on any post! I just ask that you please be respectful and don't leave any links.

If you want to me to take a look at your blog, email me at PolishedPooka@gmail.com!