Thursday, July 25, 2013

80's Geometric

These nails came out of nowhere. I sat down with an entirely different vision and this is what came out. Conjures images of 80's caboodles, too tight spandex, and crazy patterned shirts. I should have done a disco ball on one finger.

The blue is photographing a little green, but know it's blue. ^^



My left hand's nails were done freehand by angling each color and then outlining the colors and the entire nail in black with my A.S.P. Nail art bushes.


My right hand nails were not free handed. They were done using a decal technique. I created my very own decals! :) I found this awesome tutorial on another nail blog "Wacky Laki's Tutorial" If you check it out, you'll see it's pretty simple to create the decals. I painted the colors on the Ziploc the night before and the next day, pealed them off, cut them out, slathered my nails with a fresh clear coat and pushed the decals on. Once I painted Seche Vite over the top, it just looked like I had painted them directly onto my nail, they practically melted onto my nails.



The colors used are Sinful Colors "Black on Black", L'Oreal "Orange You Jealous?",  L'Oreal "Royalty Reinvented", L'Oreal "Not a Cloud in Sight" and a top coat of Seche Vite.

.

This thumb is my favorite. I feel like I had a caboodle that had this pattern on it.... Maybe.




I'm not sure if this look is my FAVORITE. I really screams a generation. It's fun if nothing else and I really liked making the decals. Which hand it your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments makes my day, so please don't hesitate to share on any post! I just ask that you please be respectful and don't leave any links.

If you want to me to take a look at your blog, email me at PolishedPooka@gmail.com!